The Oakland Collection Center ( O.C.C.) is open to all residential property owners of Oakland, Swiss and Union Townships for disposal of residential garbage and recycling. Admission is with the O.C.C. card issued by each town treasurer and mailed with your annual tax statement, one card per household. The card allows 52 visits per calendar year. Unauthorized use of the O.C.C. card will result in loss of O.C.C. privileges.
The O.C.C. is located at 28558 French Road, approximately five miles south of Danbury. From State Highway 35. turn west on County Road U, then turn north on French Road and drive 9/10th of a mile to the O.C.C.
You do not need an O.C.C card to utilize residential recycling services; it is open to all county residents. The O.C.C. will accept the following household recycling items from all Burnett County residents: corrugated cardboard (flattened), clean boxboard (cereal and pasta boxes), juice boxes and paper milk containers; newspapers, magazines, catalogs, paperback books, phone books, brochures, envelopes, office paper, junk mail, greeting cards and file folders; glass beverage and food jars/containers (clear, brown, and green), metal food and beverage cans -- steel, tin, bi-metal and aluminum; and household consumer plastics #1, #2 and #5 (absolutely NO automotive product bottles regardless of number). These recyclables must be empty, clean & dry.
Businesses should call their waste hauler for recycling information. Recycling and hazardous waste questions may be directed to the Recycling Control Commission at 715-635-2197.
Unlawful dumping outside the O.C.C. gates will result in a $500. fine.
Wednesday April-September 10 AM - 4 PM
Saturday All Year 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday All Year 10 AM - 4 PM
The O.C.C. will be closed on the following holidays:
Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
50% Off Prices (with O.C.C. card) -- May 3, 6, 7, 10, 13 & 14. There is NO Free Day.
Lost cards may be replaced by your township treasurer with proof of property ownership for $20.00. The cost of a second card is $20.00. O.C.C attendants will not have cards available for purchase.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE O.C.C.
- Yard Waste: leaves, grass, stumps, trees, brush, etc.
- Construction materials of any kind: wood, shingles, cement, concrete blocks, bricks, etc.
- Snowmobiles, auto parts, used oil and oil filters
- Business generated garbage/recycling
FEES FOR RECYCLABLES (Oakland, Swiss and Union Townships only; the O.C.C. no longer accepts these items from non-residents)
There is NO CHARGE for the following items:
- Computer CPU's/towers, laptops, tablets and computer related keyboards, mouse, computer wire connections and cell phones.
- Scrap metal, automotive batteries and rechargeable batteries.
LARGE ITEM DISPOSAL FEES
- $10.00 each - Appliances, including but not limited to stoves, washers and dryers
- $10.00 each - Mattresses, box springs, dressers, stuffed chairs, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables, hassocks, foot stools, bicycles, sinks, doors, toilets and grills, metal kitchen cabinets, water heaters and each roll of carpet
- $15.00 each - Couches
- $75.00 each - Floor style copy machines
FEES - ITEMS WITH REFRIGERANTS
- $12.00 each - Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners dehumidifiers and water chillers.
FEES - OTHER RECYCLABLES
- $25.00 each for Televisions
- $8.00 each for any size Computer Monitor
- $5.00 each for VCR/DVD/Blu-ray players, radios, stereo speakers (set), stereos, desktop fax machines, desktop printers, power battery backups, vacuums, satellite receivers & dishes, all microwaves, telephones (old style), electric typewriters, other powered electronics, etc.
- $5.00 each for auto or light truck tires
- $9.00 each for tires 17”- 25”
- $15.00 each for tires 25” or more
- $1.00 each for tubes 4 feet and under (this includes CFL’s and circulars)
- $1.50 each for tubes over 4 feet
- $1.75 each for shatter-shield fluorescent tubes 4 feet and under
- $2.25 each for shatter-shield fluorescent tubes over 4 feet
- $2.00 each for tanning bed bulbs
- $2.50 each for HID bulb (High Intensity Discharge)
- $3.00 each for any size LED bulbs
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO MARKET CONDITIONS
See attendant for payment and drop-off locations
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I do with used medical needles?
Needles should be disposed of in a Sharps container; check with your local clinic or hospital.
Where can I dispose of items not accepted by the O.C.C.?
Allied Waste accepts items for a fee at the following locations:
7610 Midtown Road, Webster, Wisconsin (715-469-3356)
W5987 County Highway D, Sarona, Wisconsin (715-469-3356)
Contact them directly for additional information.
Where can I dispose of leaves and brush?
Hopkins Sand & Gravel (27760 State Road 35, Webster) will accept leaves and brush at a charge of $5.00 per truckload.