The Oakland Collection Center ( O.C.C.) is located in the Town of Oakland, but is cooperatively maintained by the Towns of Oakland, Swiss and Union. As such, the O.C.C. is open to all property owners of Oakland, Swiss and Union Townships.
The O.C.C. is located on French Road, 9/10th of a mile north of County Road U and approximately five miles south of Danbury.
Unlawful dumping outside the O.C.C. gates will result in a $500. fine.
Wednesday April-September 1 PM - 5 PM
Saturday All Year 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday All Year 10 AM - 4 PM
The O.C.C. will be closed on the following holidays:
Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Admission is with the O.C.C. card issued by each township and mailed with your tax statement. The card allows 52 visits per calendar year. Unauthorized use of the O.C.C. card will result in loss of O.C.C. privileges.
You do not need an O.C.C. card to utilize residential recycling services; it is open to all county residents. Businesses should call their waste hauler for recycling information.
Non-residents residents without an O.C.C. card will be charged an admission fee of $10.00/car, $15.00/truck and $15.00/trailer.
Lost cards may be replaced by your township treasurer with proof of property ownership for $20.00. The cost of a second card is $20.00. O.C.C attendants will not have cards available for purchase.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE O.C.C.
- Yard Waste: leaves, grass, stumps, trees, brush, etc.
- Construction materials of any kind: wood, shingles, cement, concrete blocks, bricks, etc.
- Auto parts
- Used oil and oil filters
LARGE ITEM DISPOSAL FEES
- Couches - $15.00 each
- Mattresses, box springs, dressers, stuffed chairs, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables, hassocks, foot stools, bicycles, sinks, doors, toilets and grills - $10.00 each
- Carpet - $10.00/roll
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and water chillers - $10.00 each
The recycling drop-off site at the O.C.C. is intended for residential recycling; businesses should contact their regular waste hauler for recycling information. You need not be a member of the O.C.C. to utilize recycling services; it is open to all County residents.
FEES FOR RECYCLABLES
Materials accepted without charge include corrugated cardboard (flattened), clean boxboard (cereal type box), newspaper, glass (clear, brown, green beverage & food jars/containers), aluminum/tin/steel/bi-metal food grade cans, paper products and household consumer plastics #1 through #5 (absolutely NO automotive product bottles regardless of number). These recyclables must be empty, clean & dry.
APPLIANCES: No Charge
Appliances/"white goods" including stoves, washers and dryers.
COMPUTER COMPONENTS: No Charge
Computer CPU's/towers, laptops, taablets and computer related keyboards, mouse, computer wire connections & cell phones.
SCRAP METAL: No Charge
Scrap metal, automotive batteries and rechargeable batteries
- $25.00 each for Televisions
- $5.00 each for VCR/DVD/Blu-ray players, radios, stereo speakers (set), stereos, desktop fax machines, desktop printers, power battery backups, vacuums, satellite receivers & dishes, all microwaves, telephones (old style), electric typewriters, other powered electronics, etc.
- $8.00 each for computer monitors of any size
- $4.00 each for auto or light truck tires
- $7.00 each for tires 17”- 25”
- $12.00 each for tires 25” or more
- $.50 each for tubes 4 feet and under (this includes CFL’s and circulars)
- $.75 each for tubes over 4 feet
- $1.75 each for shatter-shield fluorescent tubes 4 feet and under
- $2.25 each for shatter-shield fluorescent tubes over 4 feet
- $2.00 each for tanning bed bulbs
- $2.50 each for HID bulb (High Intensity Discharge)
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
See attendant for details. All other recycling and hazardous waste questions may be directed to the Recycling Control Commission at (715) 635-2197 or [email protected].
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I do with used medical needles?
Needles should be disposed of in a Sharps container; check with your local clinic or hospital.
Where can I dispose of items not accepted by the O.C.C.?
Allied Waste accepts items for a fee at the following locations:
7610 Midtown Road, Webster, Wisconsin (715-469-3356)
W5987 County Highway D, Sarona, Wisconsin (715-469-3356)
Contact them directly for additional information.