The Oakland Collection Center ( O.C.C.) is located in the Town of Oakland, but is cooperatively maintained by the Towns of Oakland, Swiss and Union. As such, the O.C.C. is open to all property owners of Oakland, Swiss and Union Townships.
The O.C.C. is located on French Road, 9/10th of a mile north of County Road U and approximately five miles south of Danbury.
Unlawful dumping outside the O.C.C. gates will result in a $500. fine.
Saturday All Year 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday All Year 10 AM - 4 PM
The O.C.C. will be closed on the following holidays:
Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Admission is with the O.C.C. card issued b each township and mailed with your tax statement. The card allows 52 visits per calendar year. Unauthorized use of the O.C.C. card will result in loss of O.C.C. privileges.
Non-residents residents without an O.C.C. card will be charged an admission fee of $10.00/car, $15.00/truck and $15.00/trailer.
Lost cards may be replace by your township treasurer with proof of property ownership for $20.00. The cost of a second card is $20.00. O.C.C attendants will not have cards available for purchase.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE O.C.C.
- Yard Waste: leaves, grass, stumps, trees, brush, etc.
- Batteries other than auto
- Construction materials of any kind: wood, shingles, cement, concrete blocks, bricks, etc.
- Auto parts
- Used oil
LARGE ITEM DISPOSAL FEES
- Couches - $15.00 each
- Mattresses, box springs, dressers, stuffed chairs, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables, hassocks, foot stools, bicycles, sinks, doors, toilets and grills - $10.00 each
- Carpet - $10.00/roll
The recycling drop-off site at the O.C.C. is intended for residential recycling; businesses should contact their regular waste hauler for recycling information. You need not be a member of the O.C.C. to utilize recycling services; it is open. Materials accepted without charge include newspaper, glass, aluminum and tin cans, plastic bottles, and paper/cardboard.
FEES FOR RECYCLABLES
APPLIANCES: No Charge
Freon containing appliances are to be placed next to the roll-off container.
All other appliances and scrap metal can be placed in the roll-off container.
COMPUTER COMPONENTS: No Charge
SCRAP METAL: No Charge
- $10.00 Televisions up to 19”
- $25.00 Televisions greater than 19”
- $5.00 DVD, VCR, DVR, fax machines and cell phones
- TIRES: $7.00
- $4.00/auto or light truck tire/tire 17”- 25”
- $12.00 /tire 25” or more
- FLUORESCENT BULBS: $.40 each for bulbs 4 feet and under (this includes CFL’s)
- $.60 each for bulbs over 4 feet
- $2.20 per HID bulb (High Intensity Discharge)
- USED OIL FILTERS:
$1.00 for large sizes;
$.50 for auto
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
See attendant for details. All other recycling questions may be directed to the Recycling Control Commission at (715) 635-2197 or [email protected].
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I do with used medical needles?
Needles should be disposed of in a Sharps container; check with your local clinic or hospital.
Where can I dispose of items not accepted by the O.C.C.?
Allied Waste accepts items for a fee at the following locations:
7610 Midtown Road, Webster, Wisconsin (715-469-3356)
W5987 County Highway D, Sarona, Wisconsin (715-469-3356)
Contact them directly for additional information.